Rabada becomes No 1, Buvneshwar attains career-best, Kohli slips in latest Test Rankings
Last Updated: 09 Jan 2018 06:30 PM
- Kagiso Rabada has attained the No. 1 spot in ICC Test Rankings following his impressive performance against India in the opening Test match at Newlands Cape Town.
- The 22-year-old has collected five points, while James Anderson, who had entered the Sydney Test as the number-one ranked bowler, dropped by the same number of points following the last Ashes Test.
- Rabada returned with figures of three for 34 and two for 41 against a star-studded India batting line-up to help South Africa take beat India by 72 runs and go 1-0 up in three-Test series.
- India’s Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Pat Cummins of Australia have achieved career-high rankings.
- Kumar has vaulted eight places to 22nd following figures of four for 87 and two for 33, while Cummins has leaped eight places and is now in 28th position after match figures of eight for 119, which also earned him the player of the match award.
- In the Batsman’s list, Virat Kohli has lost his No. 2 spot to England captain Joe Root.
- Root has earned 26 points from the Sydney Test in which he was dismissed once in scoring 141 runs, but Kohli has dropped 13 points after his contributions of five and 28 at Newlands.
- India’s No 3 Cheteshwar Pujara has slipped to No. 5
- Usman Khawaja, Shaun Marsh and Mitchell Marsh have all achieved career-best rankings after stroking excellent centuries in the Sydney Test.
- There is no change in the top-five of the all-rounders’ list, which is still headed by Shakib Al Hasan, with Ravindra Jadeja and Ravichandran Ashwin in second and third place, respectively.
First Published: 09 Jan 2018 06:30 PM