Johnson's horrific head injury gives KKR a scare
Last Updated: 14 Mar 2018 06:00 PM
- A gym exercise went horribly wrong for Mitchell Johnson, leaving the former Australia fast bowler in a bloody mess.
- Johnson, who was best known for his ferocious spells of fast bowling, busted his head open after contacts with the chin-up bar.
- The 36-year-old pacer shared the gory pictures on his instagram account with the caption“If you don’t like blood & cuts then don’t look through these pics!”
- The second picture shared by Johnson reveals the seriousness of the wound.
- Johnson required 16 stitches on his scalp for the bleeding to stop.
- However, the fast bowler later on shared another picture to suggest he was out of danger.
- The Australian legend was picked by IPL franchise Kolkata Knight Riders for INR 2 crores after he went unsold in the first round and KKR would hope his injury has no bearings on his performance in the IPL starting from April 7.
- KKR is already sweating over the fitness of Chris Lynn and Andre Russell.
- The left-arm fast bowler has played 73 Tests and 153 ODIs picking up 313 and 239 wickets for Australia.
First Published: 14 Mar 2018 06:00 PM