India’s bench sweats it out in optional practice session
Last Updated: 09 Jan 2018 09:45 PM
- The ignored trio of KL Rahul, Ajinkya Rahane and Ishant Sharma on Tuesday took part in an optional practice session at Newlands.
- India lost the first Test by 72 runs within four days, with Vernon Philander wreaking havoc with his pace and swing.
- Rahane was seen batting in the nets. Assistant coach Sanjay Bangar and bowling coach Bharat Arun were part of the support team that assisted the session lasting just under 90 minutes.
- Rohit’s selection over vice-captain Rahane in the first test raised a lot of eyebrows in the cricketing circuit. Sharma failed miserably in the test and could only manage 21 runs in two innings.
- Rahul too was seen practicing alongside Rahane in the nets.
- Ishant Sharma was also seen bowling in the nets while reserve wicket-keeper Parthiv Patel was last to join in the batting sessions.
- Skipper Virat Kohli was criticized by cricket pundits for his selection choices involving Rohit and Bumrah in the first Test.
First Published: 09 Jan 2018 09:45 PM