IN PICS: This Is How PM Modi Broke Protocol To Receive France's President Emmanuel Macron
Last Updated: 10 Mar 2018 08:04 AM
- NEW DELHI: French President Emmanuel Macron arrived here tonight on a four-day India visit and was received at the airport by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in a special gesture.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi broke protocol to receive France's President Emmanuel Macron at the airport when he arrived in New Delhi.
- Macron was accompanied by his wife Brigitte Marie-Claude Macron, besides senior ministers from his Cabinet.
- During the visit, the two countries would look to boost ties, especially in the areas of maritime security and counter-terrorism.
- An agreement on the Jaitapur nuclear power plant, which is being built with French assistance, is expected to be signed during the visit.
First Published: 10 Mar 2018 07:58 AM