BJP crushes Left in Tripura, workers indulge in massive celebrations
Last Updated: 03 Mar 2018 12:09 PM
- BJP and its ally Indigenous People's Front of Tripura’s (IPFT) overwhelming lead in Tripura Election results after the first four hours of counting have ensured a major turnaround in the political history of the state.
- BJP’s majority in a state where the party did not even open their accounts in 2013, has prompted widespread celebrations in the state capital, Agartala.
- BJP party workers were seen celebrating with colours even before the final results were announced.
- The party workers’ celebrations gave a surge in sale of saffron gulaal in Agartala.
- A large number of female party workers assembled in front of the BJP party office in Agartala to celebrate their resounding victory.
- BJP is on course of toppling the Left, which has been in power for the last 25 years under the leadership of CM Manik Sarkar.
- BJP leader Ram Madhav said that the party would come to power in Tripura. "We are leading in those seats also which we did not expect," he said.
First Published: 03 Mar 2018 12:09 PM