Australian skipper becomes second fastest batsman to reach 6,000 Test runs
Last Updated: 05 Jan 2018 10:00 PM
- The Day 2 of the fifth Ashes Test at SCG belonged to the Australians as they scored 193 for the loss of 2 wickets at the end of day’s play
- Earlier, England managed a total of 346 with Joe Root(83) and Dawid Malan(62) contributions
- Australian captain Steve Smith once again looked quite comfortable with the bat as he went into the dressing room on 44 not out
- Smith became the second fastest batsman to reach 6,000 Test runs.
- Smith achieved this feat in 111th innings, second only to the legendary Don Bradman (68 innings).
- Australia captain also now stands equal with legendary Sir Garry Sobers as second fastest to 6,000 Test runs
- The Australian captain has already scored three centuries including a double ton in this five-match series.
- Australia have already won the Ashes having an unassailable 3-0 lead.
First Published: 05 Jan 2018 10:00 PM