Ashwin likely to lead KXIP in IPL 2018
Last Updated: 09 Feb 2018 10:00 AM
- After a decade of poor performances, the KXIP underwent a massive overhaul for the 11th edition of the cricketing extravaganza.
- The Preity Zinta co-owned team has roped in some big names for the upcoming version.
- The Punjab based franchise now has a daunting task of selecting a captain from a group of talented individuals.
- KXIP is a formidable group of experienced and youth which included the likes of Yuvraj Singh, R Ashwin, KL Rahul, Aaron Finch, Chris Gayle and David Miller.
- And, Punjab’s first buy of the IPL auction – R Ashwin seems likely to be named as the ‘King of the North’.
- The Indian veteran was signed by KXIP for a hefty 7.6 crores and carries a tremendous IPL experience under his belt, having helped CSK to two IPL titles in the past.
- He has also led Tamil Nadu in the domestic circuit and his composed attitude on the field makes him a strong contender for the top job.
- KXIP have shortlisted Yuvraj Singh, Axar Patel, Aaron Finch and KL Rahul to lead the team.
First Published: 09 Feb 2018 10:00 AM