Xiaomi Mi A1 With Android One, Dual Camera Setup, Snapdragon 625 Launched
Last Updated: 05 Sep 2017 04:05 PM
- Xiaomi on Tuesday launched ‘Mi A1’ smartphone in India with dual-rear cameras. Mi A1 is an ‘Android One’ smartphone and unlike other Xiaomi phones, A1 would come with stock Android operating system. (Photos: Xiaomi official)
- Google had announced ‘Android One’ phones in 2014 which were entry-level smartphones.
- “Android One runs pure interface, a small number of preloads, keeping the phone simple for users with different choices,” Jon Gold, Global Director for Android Partner Programs, told reporters here.
- “The phone would get the Android ‘O’ update by the end of 2017 and would be one of the first to get Android P”, he added.
- A major highlight of the phone is the camera setup that comprises a 12MP + 12MP primary camera with a telephoto lens and a wide-angle lens, 1.25 um and 2x digital zoom and 10x optical zoom.
- “This is similar to what we find on iPhone 7 Plus,” said Donovan Sung, Director of Product Management and Marketing, Xiaomi Global.
- Like other dual-rear camera smartphones, Mi A1 also supports ‘Bokeh’ style imaging.
- The smartphone is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor coupled with 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage. The Snapdragon 625 Octa-core processor comes with 14nm FinFET technology.
- “Starting from India, all MiA1 devices will come with dual pyrolytic graphite sheets which will help diffuse and radiate heat quickly”, the company said.
First Published: 05 Sep 2017 04:05 PM
- A 3080mAh battery powers the phone and a 380v charger is also included. However, it is only available for the Indian market. A Flipkart exclusive, the device would also be available on Mi.com. Xiaomi Mi A1 with Android One, dual-rear camera and Snapdragon 625 launched